1. What is an activation code?
An activation code is a unique set of characters that comes in 4 blocks of 5, separated by a hyphen(-). Each block comprises of 5 characters which can be a combination of letters and numbers, which comes to a total of 20 characters (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX).
If you have installed a Kaspersky Lab 2012 products, but you do not have an activation code to activate the application, then you can purchase a license in E-Store or from our partners. You can find more detailed information in the following articles in the Knowledge Base:
2. Application box versions
The activation code for all box versions or products bought from retail stores can be found printed on the CD sleeve. European box products will have the code on the Quick Start Guide which is included in the box.
If you have purchased a DVD-box version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 or Kaspersky Internet Security 2012, the activation code can be found printed on the inner part of the left cover.
3. Application purchased via E-Store
If you have purchased Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 or Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 via E-Store, the activation code will be sent to you via e-mail you have specified when making the order.
4. Activation code validity period
An unused activation code can be activated at any time, but the license will begin to expire on the day of initial activation.
This information does not refer to trial activation codes which go on CD-disks in magazines. Validity period of trial activation codes is restricted.
5. I have forgotten/deleted my activation code. What should I do?
If you deleted your activation code by mistake, you can restore it the following ways:
- If you purchased an online version of the product in our eStore, find an activation code in an email message which was sent to you to the email address given in the order. If the message is deleted, then in order to restore activation code, contact the eStore. Give the following information in your request:
- purchase date;
- owner info (first and last name, email address);
- number of the online order (you can find it in a confirmation message received from the eStore after the purchase).
If you purchased Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 in http://www.kaspersky.com/estore/, then you can find the necessary contact information to restore your activation code on the following page http://www.kaspersky.com/estore/globalstore/customer_care_center.
- If you purchased a box version of the product, then in order to restore an activation code, send a request with the description of our problem to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support via My Kaspersky Account. In your request, please give the following:
- Information about the date and approximate time of the first license activation.
- License number. Read articles to know how to identify your license number:
- Screenshot of the Manage License window. Read KB492 to know how to make a screenshot.
- Copies of documents that confirm your purchase (scanned copies or photos), if saved.
An activation code cannot be restored without a license number!