Applies to Kaspersky Security Center 9.0
You can find the information about all license keys installed on client computers of a logical network in the console tree node Licenses. An Administration server receives this information from client computers of the logical network.
This node does not contain information about the keys which have been added to installation packages or key file installation tasks, but have not been installed on client computers yet.
Notification about the number of licenses used
There exist three types of notifications to keep an administrator informed about license key limits (configured in Administration server properties section Events):
- Over 90% of the allowed count for the license is used up – an Info type message signaling that the limit of used licenses will be reached soon. Maybe the administrator should consider buying some extra licenses if the number of client computers in the logical network is expected to grow.
- License restriction for the key is exceeded – a Warning type message signaling that the key has been installed on a number of computers equal to the limit assigned to it. You should stop installing this key on new computers. Otherwise you would breach Kaspersky Lab End User License Agreement.
- Maximum number of computers for the license is exceeded – a Critical event type message signaling that the key has been installed on a number of computers exceeding the limit assigned to it by 10%. This is a breach of Kaspersky Lab End User License Agreement.
The time to store registry of an event in Server database (console tree node Events) and notification methods are configured for each event notification type separately! If you want to carry out a global configuration of notification methods for all event types click the button Select All. Then click Properties to access event notification configuration.
Notifications about license key expiration
Notifications informing about (upcoming) license key expiration are generated and sent to the Administration server by Anti-Virus installed on client computers.
A client computer can have two keys installed at the same time – an active one (which is working since the moment of its installation) and a spare one which activates upon expiration of the one which is currently active. If there are two keys installed on a computer, and expiration period of the spare key is longer than that of the active one, then notifications about (upcoming) expiration of a license key will be sent only when the spare key will be expiring.
You can configure delivery of such notifications in a corresponding antivirus software policy tab Events.
- License has expired – a Critical event type message.
- License expires soon – a Warning type message. It will be generated 14 days before the license expiration date and displayed every day before the license actually expires.
Along with publishing such messages, Kaspersky Anti-Virus starts reporting the situation to the PC user and changes status (in version 6.0 MP4). Such messages and Kaspersky Anti-Virus status can be disabled in a corresponding antivirus application policy section Additional Settings – Interface:
The time to store event registries in Server database (console tree node Events) and notification methods are configured for each event notification type separately! If you want to carry out a global configuration of notification methods for all event types click the button Select All. Then click Properties to access event notification configuration.
In order to create report on current state of the license keys installed on client computers of your logical network you can use the default template License usage report or create another template of the same type. A report created on the basis of the template License usage report will contain detailed information about all active and spare license keys installed on the client computers of your logical network, list of computers using them, and license limitations.
License usage report
To create a License usage report open the console tree node Reports and notifications and choose License usage report. The report will then be generated and displayed.