Preparation to installation
Before the installation, you are recommended to do the following:
- Close all running application.
- Check if other Kaspersky Lab products or other incompatible third-party anti-virus software is installed on the computer. You will find the list of all software incompatible with Kaspersky Lab products in KB7688.
- If incompatible third-party software or other Kaspersky Lab product is installed on your computer, uninstall it.
If you purchased a box version of Kaspersky PURE 2.0 (on a CD) and the product installation started immediately after CD insertion into a CD-ROM, then go to step 2.
If you purchased Kaspersky PURE 2.0 in eStore or installation from a CD did not start automatically after CD insertion into a CD-ROM, then go to step 1.
Back to the contents
Step 1: If you purchased Kaspersky PURE 2.0 on a disc, then the installation process starts automatically after the Setup disc is inserted into the CD-ROM drive. If you have purchased the product from the E-Store you get a link to an installation file which should be launched manually. If the Setup disc does not run automatically you will need to run the installation file manually.
In order to save and run the program distributive, perform the following actions:
- In an email message from the eStore click the link to download the distributive. If the link validity period has expired, download the distributive from the Kaspersky Lab site.
- In the File download window click Save.
- In the Save as window select the location to save the distributive (Desktop is the default location) and click Save.
- When the file download is complete, click Close.
- Find and run the downloaded distributive (with the .exe extension), by left-clicking it.
Step 2: By default, Kaspersky PURE 2.0 is installed to the folder C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky PURE 2.0. In order to change installation settings, check the Change installation settings box and click the Next button.
Step 3: Read the End User License Agreement of Kaspersky Lab. If you agree with all the terms click the I accept button. The installation will proceed. In order to stop the installation click Cancel.
Step 4: The Setup Wizard suggests participation in Kaspersky Security Network. If you participate in the program, Kaspersky Lab will receive information about new threats, detected on your computer. As well as system information and a unique identifier will be specified for your computer by Kaspersky PURE. Please note that no personal data will be gathered or sent within this process. Read the Data Collection Statement about using Kaspersky Security Network. If you agree with all the terms, check I accept the terms of participation in Kaspersky Security Network. Click Install button to proceed with the installation.
Select the folder in which to install the product:
- Click the Browse... button, to change the destination folder.
- In the open window, select the required folder to install the product or enter the required path manually.
- Click OK.
- In the Setup Wizard window, click Next to continue.
The destination folder must not consist of more than 200 characters and include special characters.
Step 6: On this step you are suggested to specify the last configuration settings before the installation. It is recommended not to uncheck Protect the installation process. If some errors occur during the installation this option helps to backup correctly. When you reinstall the application it is recommended to uncheck the option.
To continue the installation click Install.
If you install the application on your computer working under Windows Vista / 7, then a message from the User Account Control service may appear. In order to continue the installation, click the Yes button.
Step 7: Make sure that Run Kaspersky PURE 2.0 is checked and click the Finish button in order to complete the installation process.
Once the application is installled you are required to activate commercial version of Kaspersky PURE 2.0
. Back to the contents
Recommendations after program installation
After the program installation onto a computer, you are recommended to perform the following actions:
- Update the databases of Kaspersky PURE 2.0.
- Check the computer security state in the main program window.
- Perform full scan of your computer.
Back to the contents
What to do if problems occurred during installation
If during the installation of Kaspersky PURE 2.0 an error message appears or you have any issues, then create a request to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support. Describe your problem in all the details. Attach to your request the following:
Back to the contents