How to enable/disable scanning of archives (compound files)
- Open Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Select Scheduled tasks in the left frame.
- Select either Full Scan, or Critical Areas Scan, or Custom Scan, and click Settings in the right frame.
- Enable the Scan all/new archives option in the Scan of compound objects section.
Archive types processable by Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows
Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows can detect and disinfect infected files in the following archive types: RAR, ARJ, ZIP, CAB, LHA, JAR, ICE.
When scanning an archive, the application uncompresses its content, disinfects/deletes infected objects and compresses the remainder again.
How Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows processes other archive types
When scanning 7z, HA, UUE, TAR archives, the application can only detect infected objects, but cannot disinfect or delete them.
If on-screen notifications are configured in Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows, a Disinfection impossible message is displayed whenever the application detects a malicious object in a 7z, HA, UUE, or TAR archive.
How to delete an archive that is not RAR, ARJ, ZIP, CAB, LHA, JAR, or ICE
- Find the Protection enabled section on the Protection and Control tab, and click the There are unprocessed objects link:
- Right-click the unprocessed object, and select Open folder where file was initially located in the menu.
- Manually delete the object from the folder.
- Then go back to the Reports and Storages window, right-click the object and select Delete in the menu to clean the storage of the object's traces.