If you have purchased a box version of Kaspersky PURE 2.0, you can use the product distributive disk as a Rescue Disk. Rescue Disk is used in cases when Kaspersky PURE 2.0 fails to disinfect malicious objects (for example, your operating system fails to boot).
In order to boot your computer from Kaspersky Rescue Disk, perform the following actions:
- reboot your computer
- press the Delete key on the keyboard until BIOS boots
In order to start BIOS, usually the Delete or F2 keys are used. However, depending on your keyboard F1, F2, F10, F11, F12 can be used or one of the following key-combinations:
You can find instructions on how to start BIOS (SETUP) on the screen displayed at computer start.
- in the BIOS find the option First boot device and specify to boot from CD /DVD (the BIOS interface can differ depending on the BIOS version)
- exit from the BIOS with saving the changes
- when the Kaspersky Rescue Disk title appears on the screen, press any key on the keyboard before 10 seconds past, otherwise the system boots from your hard drive
- start to work with the Rescue Disk.
The Rescue Disk image can be recorded to a CD / DVD, removable USB device or copied on a local or network drive.
You can also create a Rescue Disk on a CD or USB device using Kaspersky PURE 2.0, or you can copy a rescue disk image file to a local or network folder.