Applies to Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2010
In order to run automatic scan of your computer by Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2010, perform the following actions:
- Open the main application window.
- Go to the Autoscan tab.
- Check the boxes for the areas to be scanned. By default Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2010 scans for viruses System memory, Disk boot sectors and Hidden startup objects. In the main window on the Autoscan tab you can define the scan area by checking the necessary scan areas.
- Select the required actions to be performed on detected threats by clicking the link in the On threat detection line.
- Click on the start scan button.
- Wait until the process is complete.
Once the scan task is started, the program will detect and automatically delete all known viruses, rootkits, Trojan programs and worms. The application will perform the following actions on threat detection:
- Prompt when the scan is complete (if you selected Prompt on completion).
- Prompt for action on each threat detection (if you select Prompt for action).
- Disinfect or delete; or delete an infected object if disinfection fails (if you checked Select action: Disinfect and Delete/Delete if disinfection fails).