Some errors might occur when deleting Kaspersky Lab products via Start > Control Panel > Add\Remove Programs (Add/Remove Programs). As a result the application may not uninstall correctly or remnants of the application may remain in the system. In order to fully remove the installed Kaspersky Lab product, use the kavremover utility (the utility deletes all activation data and you will need to activate an installed product copy once again).
Removal utility enables complete uninstall of the following products:
- Kaspersky Small Office Security for Personal Computer / for File Server (all versions)
- Kaspersky PURE (all versions)
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus (all versions)
- Kaspersky Internet Security (all versions)
- Kaspersky Password Manager (all versions)
- AVP Tool driver
- Kaspersky Security Scan 2.0
In order to fully uninstall the product, perform the following actions:
- Download the archive kavremover.zip. Unpack the archive (for example, using WinZip). Or you can download the following executable file: kavremover.exe. Read instructions on how to download a file on the following web pages:
- Reboot the computer in the Safe mode:
- Run the file kavremover.exe.
- Carefully read the license agreement. If you agree with all terms, click the I agree button.
- In the Kaspersky Lab Products Remover ver. 1.0.570 window enter the code from the picture. If you cannot read the code from the picture, click on the button next to the picture to generate a new code.
- In the Following products were detected section select the required product to be uninstalled. Click on the Remove button. If you wish to delete some products, it is required to delete them separately.
The utility can be started via the command line (under the guidance of technical support specialists). To do it, send a request to the Kaspersky Lab Technical Support service via My Kaspersky Account.
The removal process may take some minutes. Wait until a dialog window appears to inform you that the product was successfully removed. On the open dialog window, click on the OK button.
- Reboot your computer.
If you had more than one Kaspersky Lab product on the computer, you should rerun the removal tool and chose that product from the list and remove this too.
By default, a log file with the name kavremover xxxx-xx-xx xx-xx-xx (pid xxxx).txt will be saved in the folder where the utility is located. You can find the full version number of kavremover.exe in the log file.