Applies to Kaspersky Internet Security 2011
Web Anti-Virus in Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 contain a new technology Geo Filter. Geo Filter is designed to block access to web sites on the grounds of their belonging to regional web domains avoid web sites from the most infected regional domains. This allows you to block access to websites which belong to regional domains with a high risk of infection.
The domain is recognized as blocked in the following cases:
- access to the domain is blocked according to the Web Anti-Virus settings configured by a user
- last access to the domain was blocked by a user
If Geo Filter detects an attempt to access to a web site from the blocked region, the corresponding message appears.
After the access to the web site was blocked, you can perform the following:
- Back to the previous page
- Open web resource
- Open Geo Filter settings - go to the Geo Filter tab of Web Anti-Virus.
In order to enable filtering by regional domains, perform the following actions:
- open the application window
- in the left part of the window, go to the Protection Center tab
- in the left part of the Settings window, select the Web Anti-Virus component
- in the right part of the Settings window, click the Settings button
- in the Web Anti-Virus window, go to the Geo Filter tab and check the Enable filtering by regional domains box.
By default, the option Enable filtering by regional domains is disabled.
In order to allow or block access to websites which belong to specified domains, perform the following actions:
- in the Web Anti-Virus window in the list of controlled domains, select the required domain and click the button Allow/Block/Prompt
- by performing the actions described above specify the list of blocked domains
- click the OK button in the Web Anti-Virus window
- in the Settings window, click the OK button
- close the main application window.
By default, access is allowed for regional domains that match your location. Access permission request is set for other domains by default.