Applies to Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011 runs correctly under an administrator account.
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011 does not require installation. You can launch the program from any drive, for example form a removable drive. In order to launch the program, perform the following actions:
- Download the application distributive. To do this, perform the following actions:
- On the Kaspersky Lab website select the required language of the application and click the Download button.
- In the open window click the Save As button.
- In the Save as window select a folder to save the file and click the Save button.
- Wait until the download process is complete and click the Close button in the open window.
- Run the downloaded file setup_<build_number>_<date>_<time>.exe (example: setup_184.108.40.2062_22.01.2010_10-04.exe).
- Wait until the application unpacks temporary files.
- Read the license agreement and check the I accept the license agreement option.
- In the bottom part of the welcome window select the required language.
- Click the Start button, to launch the application.
You can find detailed instructions on how to work with the application in the article KB6183.