Applies to Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011
In order to run automatic scan of your computer by Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011, perform the following actions:
- Launch the program.
- Specify the parameters of the automatic scan. The default settings are as follows:
- Scan scope: system memory, hidden autostart objects, boot sectors.
- Security level: recommended.
- Actions: prompt on detection.
- Go to the Automatic Scan tab.
- Click the Start scanning button.
- Wait until the scan is over.
Once the scan task is started, the program will detect and automatically delete all known viruses, rootkits, Trojan programs and worms. The application will perform the following actions on threat detection:
- Prompt for action on each threat detection (if you select Prompt for action).
- Disinfect or delete; or delete an infected object if disinfection fails (if you checked Select action: Disinfect and Delete/Delete if disinfection fails).
You can view scan results in the autoscan report.