Applies to Kaspersky Parental Control Beta (Android)
On 28th of February, 2012 Kaspersky Lab announces release of Kaspersky Parental Control Beta (Android OS) version 1.0.11 for Android Market.
Features of Kaspersky Parental Control Beta (Android)
The program allows to protect your children who use smartphones and tablet computers from unwanted software and web content. The program works with the standard browser Android and allows to ban usage of other browsers in which a child could bypass content filtering.
The program includes the following components:
- Web Filter allows to block access to the sites with unwanted content, for example, pornography, gambling, illegal software, violence, drugs.
- Allowed applications allows to set restrictions for applications usage – to choose which applications are allowed or blocked for your child.
Beta version of Kaspersky Parental Control is distributed for free. You can download the product in Android Market.
- Operating system Android 2.2 - 4.х.
The application can be installed to the main memory of the device only. Kaspersky Parental Control has been tested on the following devices:
- Acer Iconia A100;
- Acer Iconia A500;
- Acer Iconia Tab 501;
- Google Nexus S;
- HTC Desire;
- HTC Incredible S;
- HTC Nexus one;
- HTC Sensation;
- HTC Vision;
- LG Optimus P698 (DUAL SIM);
- Motorola Xoom;
- Samsung Galaxy 10.1;
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus;
- Samsung Galaxy S;
- Samsung Galaxy S2;
- Samsung Galaxy Tab;
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc;
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10.
Main known errors:
- Task manager with the function of ending tasks available via widget (without entering the interface) is not blocked
- Web sites opened in the default browser on the incognito pages are not blocked (beginning from Android 3.0)
- The program does not block access to standard applications (default games, Android Market).