Applies to Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011
If an object cannot be disinfected automatically, you can delete it or disinfect it manually. In order to manually disinfect your computer using Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011, perform the following actions:
- Start the program.
- Go to the Manual Disinfection tab.
- Click the button Start gathering system information.
- Wait until the system information has been collected.
- Go to the Report sending section.
- The collected information about the system is stored in the archive avptool_sysinfo.zip. To go to the archive, click the corresponding link in the application window.
- Go to the Report sending tab.
- Register in the official Kaspersky Lab forum, if you are not registered yet.
- Create a topic in Virus-related issues. Describe your problem and attach the saved archive avptool_sysinfo.zip by following instructions.
- Read carefully answers given by Kaspersky Lab experts and follow their recommendations. In some acases Kaspersky Lab specialists may ask you to execute a script.
In order to run a script in Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011, perform the following actions:
- Copy the text of the script into the clipboard:
- Open your request.
- Highlight the text of the script.
- Right-click the highlighted text
- In the menu select Copy.
- Launch Kaspersky Removal Tool 2011.
- Go to the Manual disinfection tab.
- Select the Script execution section.
- Right-click the field and in the context menu select Paste.
- Click the Execute button.
- Wait until the script is executed.
Results of the script execution are written to the manual disinfection report.