Applies to Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011
Before the installation, you are recommended to do the following:
- Close all running applications.
- Check if other Kaspersky Lab products or other incompatible third-party anti-virus software is installed on the computer. You will find the list of all software incompatible with Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 in KB3988.
1. Launch the Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 Setup Wizard
In order to do this, perform the following actions:
- If you have purchased a box version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011, then the installation porcess starts when you insert the disk into your CD-ROM. If the autostart is disabled or is not performed by any reason, then run the installation manually. In order to do so, open the disk and double-click the installation file (.exe file).
- If you have purchased Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 via E-Store, then you need to run the installation by double-clicking the installation file you received after the initial purchase.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 Setup Wizard starts.
In order to start the Standard installation, click the Next button in the Welcome window of the Setup Wizard.
2. Read End User License Agreement
Carefully read the license agreement. If you agree with all the terms of the agreement, then click the I agree button. The installation continues. In order to stop the installation click Cancel.
3. Read agreement participation in Kaspersky Security network
If you participate in the Kaspersky Security Network program, then Kaspersky Lab will receive information about new threats, detected on your computer, system information and send unique identification which is specified for your computer by Kaspersky Anti-Virus. It is guaranteed that your personal data is not collected. Read the Data Collection Statement about using Kaspersky Security Network.
- If you agree with all the terms, check I accept the terms of participation in Kaspersky Security Network.
- Click the Install button. The installation continues.
If you install the application on your computer working under Windows Vista / 7, then a message from the User Account Control service may appear. In order to continue the installation, click the Yes button.
4. Activate Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011
To find detailed instructions on how to activate, read the article How to activate a commercial version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011?.
After the license is activated, you will see the License type and Expiration date. Click Next.
5. Wait untill the installation process is completed and click the Finish button
The Setup Wizard analyzes your system and creates rules for trusted applications, which are included to the Windows operating system. Wait untill the process is completed.
Check the box Start Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 and click Finish to complete the installation of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010.