Applies to Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012
In the main window of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 you can find the Cloud protection button. If you click on the button, the Cloud Protection Technology window will open. The window contains data concerning Kaspersky Security Network work. It allows you to view efficiency of cloud protection technologies and how your computer is protected.
In order to open the Cloud Protection Technology window, perform the following actions:
- Open the main application window.
- Click on the Cloud protection button in the upper part of the window.
In the left part of the Cloud Protection Technology window, you will see whether Kaspersky Security Network is enabled:
Kaspersky Security Network can be disconnected by the following reasons:
- You do not have an established Internet connection. Check your Internet connection by opening our official Kaspersky Lab web site in your browser.
- You do not participate in Kaspersky Security Network. You can find detailed instructions on how to enable / disable participation in Kaspersky Security Network in KB6635.
In the right hand part of the Cloud Protection Technology window, you can find brief description of the Kaspersky Security Network service. If you click on the Read more button, the About Cloud Protection window will open. The window contains detailed description of the Kaspersky Security Network service.
In the lower part of the Cloud Protection Technology window, you can find Kaspersky Security Network statistics:
- Safe data — number of safe objects.
- Dangerous data — number of objects which were detected as dangerous objects.
- Processing — number of objects to be processed on Kaspersky Lab servers.
- Number of protected users during the last 24 hours.
- Number of neutralized threats during the last 24 hours.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 also includes the option of checking file safety before you start to work with it. For example, you download a file and do not know whether the file is malicious or not. You can check its reputation using the Kaspersky Security Network service.