Applies to:Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for Personal Computer
Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for File Server
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010/2011/2012
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010/2011/2012
Kaspersky PURE / PURE R2
The operating system Windows 7 includes the utility Problem Steps Recorder (© Microsoft Corporation). You can use Problem Steps Recorder (© Microsoft Corporation) to automatically capture the steps you take on a computer, including a text description of where you clicked and a picture of the screen during each click. Once you capture these steps, you can save them to a file that can be used by Technical support specialists to eliminate the problem appeared on your computer.
Features of Problem Steps Recorder (© Microsoft Corporation):
- Capturing all the steps you take on your computer.
- Records are saved into a file which contains text descriptions and screenshots. This file is used by technical support spesialists to reproduce your problem
- In order to secure your personal data protection, the created report file does not contain personal or confidential information.
- You can add comments while reproducing your problem. You have the possibility not only add text comments, but select area, comments are applied to.
In order to get a report file using Problem Steps Recorder (© Microsoft Corporation), perform the following actions:
- in the left lower corner of the screen click the Start button
- in the Search field enter psr.exe
- to start recording, click the Start Record button
- reproduce all the steps you need to record
- to make the report more detailed and understandable, you can add comments while performing the actions. In order to do so click the Add Comment button:
- select the required area
- enter the required comment in the Highlight Problem and Comment window
- click the OK button
The following example shows the process of Recycle Bin opening.
- after the required process is performed click the Stop Record button
- in the dialog window Save as, enter the required file name in the File name field
- select the required place to save the file (by default, the file is saved on your Desktop)
- click the Save button
- the created html file is archived. In order to open the file, perform the following actions:
- unpack the archive (you can use, for example, WinZip)
- open the folder you unpacked, and then open the report file
- the report will be opened in your internet browser.
By default, the maximum number of screenshots is 25. If you you create 28 screenshots, then the first three screenshots will not be displayed.
In order to save all the required screenshots, you need to change the utility settings. In order to do so, perform the following actions in the Problem Steps Recorder (© Microsoft Corporation) window:
- click the down arrow
- select the Settings... item from the drop-down menu that will open
- change the number in the Number of recent screen capture to store field
- if you do not want to save screenshots, then select No for the Enable screem capture option
- click the OK button.
Then, perform the following actions:
- create a request via My Kaspersky Account. You will be able to attach required files by two methods:
- Upload of your files directly from this web-form: you can attach the necessary files to the message using this web-form.
- Upload your files on Kaspersky Lab FTP server manually: you can attach the necessary files to your message by uploading them on the Kaspersky Lab FTP server in the folder with the name of your request number