Applies to Kaspersky Password Manager
If during the installation you checked the box Launch Kaspersky Password Manager then once the installation process is over Kaspersky Password Manager Configuration Wizard is started. If the box was not checked, then the Configuration Wizard would be launched upon the first startup of the program.
Step 1. Master-Password.
- On Step1 create a master-password for your password database. Without a master-password no one will be able to get access to your password database.
- If you are afraid that your master-password entered from the keyboard may be stolen by keyloggers, use the Virtual keyboard. For this click the link Use Virtual Keyboard and enter your master-password from the virtual keyboard. After you have entered the master-password, to close virtual keyboard, click the cross in the right upper corner.
- In the field Confirm Master-Password re-enter your master-password. To check the correctness of the re-entered master-password, click the eye image in the password entry field.
- The password strength scale below the two password entry fields shows how strong your master-password is; the password strength may be low, normal, enhanced or high.
- Check the box I have the read the information below about the importance of my Master-Password.
- Click Next, to go to Step2.
Step 2. Access control.
All your private information is stored encrypted in the Password Database. In order to get access to the Password Database, the Password Database should be unblocked.
- Select an option to access the Password Database of Kaspersky Password Manager from the following options:
- Password protection – information from password database becomes available only after entering a Master Password.
- USB device – you can access the Password Database if the device is connected to computer.
- Bluetooth device – you can access the password database if a connection between the computer and the selected Bluetooth device is established.
- No authorization – the access to the password database is insecure. If there are several users on the computer, any of them can access the password database.
- Click Next, to go to Step3.
Step 3. Locking timeout.
The Locking timeout feature blocks access to the program when the computer is inactive and thus protects your data from unauthorized access.
- Select the time when Kaspersky Password Manager will be automatically locked:
- On screensaver activation
- 1 minute of computer inactivity
- 3 minutes of computer inactivity
- 5 minutes of computer inactivity
- 10 minutes of computer inactivity
- 15 minutes of computer inactivity
- 30 minutes of computer inactivity
- 60 minutes of computer inactivity
- Check the box Request Master Password when Kaspersky Password Manager starts
- Click Next, to go to Step4.
Step 4. Configuration complete.
In the Configuration complete window you can activate the commercial license by clicking the link Enter your License Key now or within the next 30 days to activate the commercial license.
To activate a trial version of the program and to finish initial configuration of Kaspersky Password Manager, click Finish.
Several seconds after Kaspersky Password Manager Configuration Wizard is closed an information window appears which informs about a possible conflict between the program and Microsoft Internet Explorer password manager. To avoid the conflict, click Yes.
If on Step3 you protected the program with a password – i.e. selected Password protection as an authorization method – then in order to access the program you will have to enter the master-password.