Concerning to Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.7 for Linux Workstations (version 5.7.17)
- (15212) Webmin displays wrong status on the kavmonitor stop.
The Webmin display is similar to this:
running | Status
no | Last running: Wed Sep 20 21:11:48 2006 Exit code: 0(Started successfully)
though the kavmonitor was not started but stopped.
- (15225) vox.sh cannot be used as an exec argument. It functions only as a standalone utility.
- The product is incompatible with SELinux
- (15697) kavscanner checks a file that symlink points to anyway, even if a directory containing the symlink is excluded from check by ExcludeDirs= option.
- (17827) The product module kavmonitor is incompatible with capability.ko
1. stop kavmonitor
2. modprobe capability
3. start kavmonitor
- (22258) There is a problem with the kavmonitor module loading on Debian 3.1r4.
Debian 3.1r4 distribution has a bug. In the process of default installation the kernel-image of 2.4.27-2 version is installed, but kernel-headers exists only for 2.4.27-3 version.
The workaround: Install correct version of the kernel from distribution (2.4.27-3) by typing:
dpkg -i /media/cdrom0/pool/main/k/kernel-image-2.4.27-i386/kernel-image-2.4.27-3-386_2.4.27-10sarge4_i386.deb
- (22348) AV-bases are automatically downloaded upon upgrade to the version 5.7. (This can produce unwanted traffic.)
- (22592) Scan on demand task in the Administration Kit does not display some localized filenames. If it happens, it means that a wrong locale is activated at the target system.
- (22589) Group tasks start spontaneously after klnagent re-installation.
In case if:
1. A group task has been created for the host
2. It was started and completed
3. nagent has been uninstalled from the host
4. nagent has been reinstalled on the host
Then after a short period of time the group task starts spontaneously.
- (22946) Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 has a bug in Webmin 1.180-3 which prevents work with 3rd party modules. Thus it is impossible to use a Webmin module included in the Kaspersky Anti-Virus distribution.
There is the following workaround for this issue: Install an original version of the Webmin from www.webmin.com.
- (23200) kavmonitor ignores user access rights on files.
For example, if a user has R/O access to an infected file, and kavmonitor is configured to delete all infected objects, when if the user tries to read the file, then kavmonitor deletes it. The same behavior applies on an FS with turned on ACL functionality.
- (23777) Default webmin on Mandriva 2007 has own visual theme. This theme redefines some standard webmin functionality, for example the function theme_generate_icon forced *.png images usage instead of *.gif for all internal and third party modules.
As a result images are missed in the Webmin interface.
There are 2 possible workarounds for this issue:
- Either to change visual theme to default webmin theme •