Applies to:Kaspersky Internet Security/Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009
Kaspersky Internet Security/ Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 MP1
Kaspersky Internet Security/Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 MP2
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP2/MP3
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers MP2/MP3
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition MP1/MP2
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.7 for Linux File Servers/Workstations
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.5 for Unix File Servers
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.5 for Samba Servers
Kaspersky Security 6.0 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
Kaspersky Security 5.5 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.5 for Microsoft Exchange Servers 2000/2003
Kaspersky Anti-Spam 3.0
Kaspersky Administration Kit 6.0 MP1/MP2
What is a 'black' list of keys for Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations/Windows Servers 6.0.4.x
The 'black list' of key files is a database that contains the information about key files which cannot be used by Kaspersky Lab software any more. There is a number of ways a key can end up in this database:
- The key has been replaced with a new one as malfunctioning;
- The key has been replaced with a new one after being activated on a computer with incorrect system time/date;
- The key has been replaced with a new one as stolen;
- The key was available on pirate servers (for free download).
The 'black list' of key files is named black.lst. This file is downloaded and saved along with databases (anti-virus, anti-spam, network attacks). Kaspersky Lab software cannot function without a 'black list' file.
Kaspersky Lab software stops functioning and notifies hereof:
- if there is no black.lst file found on your PC;
- if the file black.lst is damaged;
- if the Kaspersky Lab software you have installed is using a key file from the 'black list';
If there is no black.lst on your PC or it is damaged, start an update task to download it again.
If you think your license key has been mistakenly added to the 'black list', please send it along with the purchase information (date, place, and all the documents confirming this purchase) to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support service by filling in the HelpDesk form with query type "Key problem".