Applies to Kaspersky Mobile Security
On June, 26th 2012 Kaspersky Lab announces release of Maintenance Pack 4 for Kaspersky Mobile Security (version 9.4.130 (Android)).
- A function allowing to block malicious and fake (phishing) websites (Web Protection) has been added.
- Newly installed programs are additionally scanned on being launched for the first time using the Kaspersky Security Network cloud service.
- Detection of adware and other applications that may harm your device has been added.
- Heuristic scan during Protection operation has been added.
- A new feature lets you wipe all device data remotely using the SMS command "fullreset": <code> (where <code> is a secret code to the application on the device receiving the SMS command).
- A new SMS command "lock: <code>" for blocking the device remotely has been supported (where code> is the secret code on the device receiving the SMS command). SMS command variant "block: <code>" is also supported.
- A new SMS command "locate: <code>" for receiving the device coordinates has been supported (where <code>is the secret code on the device receiving the SMS command.). SMS command variant "find: <code>" is also supported.
- Call&SMS Filter functionality has been enhanced: now you can import contacts into lists of allowed and blocked contacts from the device phone book and messages list.
- You can now activate Kaspersky Mobile Security in the role of a device administrator, which enables it to protect itself against unauthorized removal, or lock the device on receiving a special SMS command.
- Application self-defense to prevent unauthorized uninstallation has been added.
- Reports about the application operation have been added (for Anti-Virus, Web Protection and Call&SMS Filter).
- The application can now be removed from within the application settings.
Kaspersky Mobile Security for mobile devices with the Android operating system includes the following components:
- Call&SMS Filter;
- Web Protection;
- Privacy Protection.
The application is intended only for devices featuring SMS receipt and transfer and working under Android operating system version 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 4.0 and 4.0.3.
The application supports devices with a screen resolution of 320x480 pixels or higher.
The application has been tested on the following mobile devices:
- Asus Iconia Tab;
- Google Nexus S;
- Google Nexus One;
- HTC Hero;
- HTC Legend;
- HTC Magic (G2);
- HTC Wildfire;
- Huawei T2;
- Huawei U8650;
- Motorola Xoom;
- Samsung Galaxy S;
- Samsung Galaxy S2;
- Samsung GALAXY Tab;
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc;
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10.