Applies to Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 (for Windows Mobile 5.0/6.0/6.1/6.5)
Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 allows remote starting of Privacy Protection with a special SMS message. To do this, first enable the function which allows remote starting of Privacy Protection.
In order to allow remote starting of Privacy Protection:
- select the Mode item in the Privacy Protection tab
- check the Hide on SMS box in the window that will open
- press OK.
In order to send a command to the lost/stolen device, perform the following actions:
- select the Send command item in the Additional tab
- for the Function setting, select the Privacy Protection value
- in the Phone number field, enter the device's phone number whose coordinates must be obtained
- in the Remote code field, enter the secret code set on the device receiving the message
- press Send.
When the command is received, the Privacy Protection component starts on the lost/stolen device automatically.
In order to create an SMS message with the phone's standard SMS creation functions, send a standard SMS message to the device you want to locate. The SMS message must contain the text hide:<code>, where <code> is the secret code set on the receiving device. The message is not case sensitive, and spaces before or after the colon are ignored.