Applies to Kaspersky PURE R2
Follow the recommendations for creating a secure password:
- a password should be made up of six characters or more;
- a password can contain digits, Latin characters, space and special characters («.», «,», «?», «!», «<», «>», «”», etc.);
- it is highly advised to create a password which includes a combination of upper- and lower-case alphabetic letters and digits.
If you lose or forget the password to a protected object, the object’s contents cannot be restored!
You must not use in the password:
- words found in a dictionary or set expressions;
- any easy-to-guess sequence like: qwerty, 123456789, qazxsw etc.;
- personal data: first and last names, addresses, passport numbers, social security numbers etc.;
- It is strongly advised not to reuse the passwords which you use to run other programs (e-mail, databases, etc).
Maximum number of symbols in a password for the Password Manager or DataEncryption functional modules from Kaspersky PURE R2 is 8 symbols.