Applies to Kaspersky PURE R2
One of the spam recognition tools of the Anti-Spam component is the self-training algorithm iBayes. This algorithm makes a decision which status should be assigned to a message based on the phrases from the message. First, the algorithm should be trained on the samples of lines from useful and spam messages.
The Training Wizard is one of the methods to train iBayes algorithm. Training Wizard allows Anti-Spam training in batch mode (on several messages).
Anti-Spam using Training Wizard can be trained on samples of mail of the mail clients Microsoft Office Outlook (32-bit) and Microsoft Outlook Express (Windows Mail) (32-bit).
Correct spam recognition requires training using at least 50 useful messages and 50 samples of unwanted mail.
In order to train Anti-Spam using Training Wizard, do the following:
- open the main application window
- on the upper right hand corner of the main application window, click Settings
- on the upper part of the Settings window, select Protection
- on the left hand part of the Settings window, select Anti-Spam
- on the right hand part of the Settings window in the section Anti-spam training, click Train
- on the Training Wizard welcome window click Next
- on the Not Spam email window, select folders with sample good mails (not spam)
- click Next
- on the Spam mail window, specify the folders with sample spam mails
- click Next
- wait till the training process is complete
- before the Wizard's work is over select one of the following actions:
on the Settings window, click OK
close the the main application window.
- Add the results of this training session to Anti-Spam databases (if you have trained Anti-Spam before or have exported Anti-Spam databases from another program copy)
- Create new Anti-Spam databases (training is performed for the first time)