Applies to:Kaspersky PURE Release 2
Kaspersky Lab has developed a new utility that sends a harmless UDP-packet to the defined host and port. The packet received on the tested PC will be detected by Kaspersky PURE as an attack "not-an-attack:KL-Test-Packet" (if Kaspersky PURE is installed on the PC and Network Attack Blocker is enabled).
If you want to view the detailed report, click the link View detailed report. If the pop-up window has closed automatically, then you can open the report from the main application window, In order to do it, perform the following:
- open the main application window of Kaspersky PURE
- click My Computer Protection
- in the right upper corner of the My Computer Protection window, click the Report link
- in the window Protection state - Kaspersky PURE open the Detected threats tab
- also you can view information about blocked attacks in the Report tab clicking in the right lower corner the Detailed report button.
You can download the kltps.exe utility from the following link: kltps.exe
The utility is launched from a command line. To run the command line,
- click Start > Run
- in the Run window in the Open field enter cmd and click OK
When launching the utility it is mandatory to enter the following parameters of the command line:
- host – IP-address or computer name, on which Kaspersky PURE is installed and whose Network Attack Blocker you would like to test)
- port – port number, on which the UDP-package will be sent.
To test Network Attack Blocker of Kaspersky PURE the utility must be launched from another PC assigned to the same network. Network Attack Blocker cannot be tested if the utility is run on the same PC, on which any of the above mentioned applications is installed.