Applies to Kaspersky PURE R2
Kaspersky PURE R2 secures your computer protection against malware. Thus, sometimes the application is the target for malicious programs which try to block the application or delete it from your computer. In order to protect the application, Kaspersky PURE includes the self-defense and external service control components.
In some cases, for example, deleting large trace files, you need to disable the application self-defense.
In order to enable/disable the application self-defense, perform the following actions:
- Open the main application window
- In the right upper corner click the Settings link
- In the left part of the Settings window under General select the Self-Defense item
- In the right part of the window under Self-Defense
- If you want to disable the program self-defense uncheck Enable Self-Defense
- If you want to enable the program self-defense check Enable Self-Defense
- In the right lower corner click the OK button
- Close the main application window.