Applies to Kaspersky PURE R2
Using the System Restore Wizard, you can detect and eliminate the traces of actions by malware objects in the system after your computer disinfection or if you suspect your computer is infected.
You can run the System Restore Wizard after the computer has been disinfected to make sure that all threats and damage due to the infections have been fixed.
You can also use the System Restore Wizard if you suspect that your computer is infected. The System Restore Wizard checks whether there are any changes to the system. Such damage can be caused by actions of malicious programs, system failures or even incorrect operation of system optimization applications.
Based on the review, a list of actions necessary to eliminate the problems is generated. These actions are grouped by categories based on the severity of the problems detected.
In order to start the System Restore Wizard, perform the following actions:
- open the main application window
- on the lower part of the window, click Additional Tools
- on the Additional Tools window, click the Microsoft Windows Settings Troubleshooting button
- if the wizard is started for the first time, then only the option Search for problems related to malware activity will be available. If the wizard was started earlier and made some changes, then you will also be able to select the Changes rollback option. Select the option Search for problems related to malware activity and click the Next button
- wait until the wizard searches for problems
- in the Check completed window, check the boxes for the problems to be fixed. Click the Next button
- wait until the restore process is completed
- in the Troubleshooting completed window, click the Finish button
- on the bottom right hand corner of the Additional Tools window, click Back
- close the main application window.