Concerning to:Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations (all versions)
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers (all versions)
Kaspersky Administration Kit 6.0 MP1
Yes, it can. Anti-Virus application and Network Agent can be both installed via GPO (Group Policy Object).
This feature was tested on the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
To install the application or Network Agent on Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS, enable the Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon parameter in the policy
To install Administration Agent, create a special package to install the Agent with the Administration Server data to which the client computer will connect:
1. download and unpack the file kasp6.0.1XXX_netagentmsien.exe to a separate folder. This file resides in the same folder in which Kaspersky Administration Kit distributive does.
2. create an installation package for the Network Agent based on the downloaded and unpacked distributive. When creating an installation package Administration Server data are added to MSI-installer. These data cannot be modified when installing.
3. use this installation package to install the Agent using MSI. The folder with the setup files resides in the folder Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Administration Kit\Share\Packages\NetAgent 6.0.XXXX (by default).
Beginning from version 6.0 the Network Agent installed via MSI-installer can be upgraded either by product deployment task (via Kaspersky Administration Kit), locally or via group policies.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations / Servers
The Anti-Virus distributive contains the msi-file, i.e. it can be used to install the application via GRO.
For a license key to install together with the application, copy it into the folder next to the msi-file.
To upgrade to version 6.0 of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.0 for Windows Workstations/ File Server installed on your PC, use the mode:
To install Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations/ File Server on a „clean“ computer (i.e. without any anti-virus application installed on it), use the install mode. To upgrade version 6.0, use the upgrade mode.