Applies to:Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations (all versions)
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 SOS (all versions)
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers (all versions)
If an (un)installation process of Kaspersky Lab product terminates with an error you should generate an (un)installation trace file to diagnose the problem.
Make sure to use an administrator user account.
Kaspersky Lab products generate (un)installation log files automatically. The logs are automatically saved into the folder %temp%:
- Windows 2000/XP/Server2003 - %USERPROFILE%\LocalSettings\Temp;
- Windows Vista/7/Server2008) - %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp;
The file name has the following format:
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4 writes an additional log during (un)installation named ucaevents.log into the folder temp.
To find an application(un)installation trace file, do the following:
- go to Start > Run > type %TEMP% and press Enter.
- click OK.
- find the file named kl-install-<installation date>-<installation time>.log in the %TEMP% folder.
Sometimes there are no application (un)installation logs generated. In this case you can enable (un)installation logs manually:
- Download the archive MSI_log.zip
- Extract all files from the archive
- Run the file MSI_log_on.reg.
- Run Kaspersky Anti-Virus installation/uninstallation.
- Reproduce the problem once again and wait for the installation/uninstallation error to occur.
- As a result a text file will be generated – installer runtime log named MSI*.log (where * is a random alphanumeric combination). This file is saved into the Temp folder.
- Run the file MSI_log_off.reg and click Yes. (Un)installation trace file logging will be disabled.
There is an installation log generated under a unique name each time you install or uninstall an application. Folder Temp might already contain logs named MSI*.log. These have been created during previous installations. To find the necessary log file look for the one with the most recent creation date/time.