Configuring link scanning
Before configuring link scanning in the message processing rule, make sure that link scanning is enabled in general protection settings.
To configure link scanning settings in the message processing rule:
- In the application web interface window, select the Rules section.
- In the rule table, select the rule for which you want to configure Anti-Virus protection.
This opens the View rule window.
- Click Edit.
Rule settings become editable.
- In the left pane, select the Links scanning section.
- Use the toggle switch to the right of the section title to enable or disable link scanning for messages that match rule criteria.
By default, link scanning is enabled.
- If at the previous step, you enabled link scanning, configure how malicious or advertising links as well as links relevant to legitimate programs are treated after the scan:
- In the Action drop-down list, select the action that will be applied to messages:
- Delete message.
The Reject action is selected by default.
- If you want messages with detected objects to be automatically placed in Backup based on the results of a scan, select the Move message to Backup check box.
This check box is selected by default.
- If you want a tag to be added after the scan to the beginning of the subject of messages, type the text of the tag in the text box under the Move message to Backup check box.
The [Malicious|Adware|Legitimate links] tag is added by default.
- Click Save.