Deleting a virtual machine in the management console of the Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisor
Before removing the application, you must make preparations.
To delete a virtual machine in the management console of the Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisor:
- Start Hyper-V Manager.
- In the main window of the program, in the list of the virtual machines of the hypervisor in the Virtual Machines table, select the virtual machine that you want to delete.
- If the virtual machine is running, shut it down. To do so, right-click to open the context menu and select Turn Off. Wait until the virtual machine shuts down.
- In the context menu of the virtual machine, select Settings.
This opens the virtual machine properties window.
- In the Hardware settings group, select SCSI Controller → Hard Drive.
- Use any convenient method to save the path indicated in the Virtual hard disk field and close the virtual machine properties window.
By default, after removing a virtual machine in the hypervisor management console, the file of the virtual hard drive is not deleted from the server. You will need to manually delete it.
- In the context menu of the virtual machine, click Delete.
- In the confirmation window, click Delete.
- On the physical server of the hypervisor, manually delete the file of the virtual hard drive from the folder indicated at step 6.
The virtual machine with Kaspersky Secure Mail Gateway installed is deleted and is no longer displayed in the list of virtual machines.