Within this update, Kaspersky prepared a new version of the software intended for residents of the US state of California. If you are a resident of the US state of California, you need to download and use the version of the software from the following page
The following new features and improvements are introduced in Kaspersky Total Security:
- New mechanism for installing the application extension for the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Improved scenario for linking the application’s activation code to a My Kaspersky account: added the connection to My Kaspersky from Support and Licensing windows.
- The My Kaspersky account registration form now has a step for choosing the user's region. The region is determined automatically based on the operating system settings or the application localization language.
- Improved scenario for connecting to a My Kaspersky account: the application independently checks if there is a My Kaspersky account associated with the email address and prompts you to connect to My Kaspersky or create a new account.
- Updated interface for the following components: Reports, Mail Anti-Virus, Web Anti-Virus, Notification Center, Network Attack Blocker, and Quarantine.
- Added support for personal data processing regulations in the United Kingdom and Brazil, as well as personal data processing regulation for California residents.