Error while scanning a computer with a Kaspersky application
Kaspersky application hangs or crashes while scanning
To fix the issue:
- Eject any external devices and start a quick scan of the computer.
- Boot the computer in Safe Mode. See this article for instructions.
- Open the Kaspersky application and start a full scan of the computer.
If the scan completed successfully in Safe Mode, it’s possible that an issue occurred with third-party applications while the computer was running in normal mode. To fix the issue, perform a clean boot in Windows and then determine which application is causing the problem. See the Microsoft support website for instructions.
If the scan ended with an error when run in Safe Mode, send a report to Kaspersky. See the instructions below.
Computer shuts down or reboots during a scan
This can happen as a result of hardware issues. If your computer shuts down or reboots during a scan, send a report to Kaspersky for more detailed information. See the instructions below.
How to send a report to Kaspersky
Submit a request to Kaspersky Customer Service.
In your request:
- Describe the issue in detail and specify the type of scan you were running.
- Attach screenshots. See this article for instructions.
- Attach a report generated using the Kaspersky Get System Info tool. See this article for instructions.
- If the scan hangs on one particular file, specify the name of the file and its location in the report.
- If the application crashes during a scan, attach an archive with the DMP files from the folder:
С:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP<application version>\Traces\
For instructions on creating an archive of files, see this article.