How to exclude a file, folder, or threat type from scanning
To exclude a file, folder, or threat type from scanning:
- Open the main application window of Kaspersky.
- Click the button in the lower part of the main window.
The Settings window opens.
- Go to Security settings → Threats and exclusions.
- Click the Manage exclusions link to open the Exclusions window.
- Click the Add button.
- Add an exclusion in one of the following ways:
- Click Browse and select the folder or file that you want to exclude from scanning. Click Select.
- In the File or folder field, enter the full name or mask of the file or folder.
- In the Object field, enter the full name or mask of the threat type in accordance with the Kaspersky classification of detected object.
- If you fill in both fields, File or folder and Object, the specified file or folder is not scanned for the specified threat type.
- In the File hash field, enter the hash if you want files to be excluded from scanning by their hashes.
- Clear the check boxes for protection components that the exclusion rule must not apply to. Enter a comment if you like.
- Select the Active status for the rule and click Add.
Specified objects are excluded from scanning.
Additional information about settings in the Threats and Exclusions window