How to install Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Check if your computer meets system requirements. See Online Help for more information.
- Check whether any applications installed on your computer are incompatible with Kaspersky Anti-Virus. We recommend removing all incompatible software to ensure that Kaspersky Anti-Virus works correctly.
- Close all running applications.
How to install Kaspersky Anti-Virus from the installation file
- Download the Kaspersky Anti-Virus installer from the Kaspersky website, or via the link in the email you received from the online store.
- Run the downloaded installer.
- Wait until the wizard finds the latest version of the application or click Skip to install the current version.
- Click the link to review the License Agreement. If you agree to its terms, click Continue.
- Click the link to review the KSN Statement. If you want to participate in Kaspersky Security Network, leave the corresponding checkbox selected.
- Click Install.
- Wait for the installation to complete. Make sure settings you want to apply are selected and click Apply.
- Click Done.
Kaspersky Kaspersky Anti-Virus will be installed on your computer.
How to install Kaspersky Anti-Virus through the command line
- Download the installer from the Kaspersky website or via the link in the email you received from the online store.
- Open the command line as an administrator. See this article for instructions.
- Enter the path to the installation file and the command for starting the installation with required parameters. Command line installation parameters and properties are described below.
- Follow the instructions of the installation wizard.
|/s||Silent installation mode. Dialog boxes are not displayed during installation.||kav21.exe /s|
Date of birth. If you are under 16, installation will not be allowed.
This parameter is:
|/l||Defines the language used while the multi-language version is being installed||kav21.exe /len-us|
|/t||The folder where the installation log will be saved.||kav21.exe /tC:\KasperskyLab|
|/p<option>=<value>||Used to specify an installation property||kav21.exe /pALLOWREBOOT=1 /pSKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1|
|/h||Opens the help dialog box||kav21.exe /h|
|/x||Application removal||kav21.exe /x|
Commonly used installation properties
|ACTIVATIONCODE=<value>||Enter the previous activation code.|
|AGREETOEULA=1||Confirm your consent to the End User License Agreement|
|JOINKSN_ENHANCE_PROTECTION=1||Confirm your consent to data provision for product improvement purposes.|
|JOINKSN_MARKETING=1||Confirm your consent to data provision for marketing purposes.|
|INSTALLDIR=<value>||Used to specify the installation folder This parameter can only be used for Kaspersky Anti-Virus.||kav21.exe /p"INSTALLDIR=C:\Documents and Settings\kav21"|
|KLPASSWD=<value>||used to protect certain functions of the product with a password. If the value of the KLPASSWDAREA parameter is not set, the default password scope is used:
|KLPASSWDAREA=[SET|EXIT|UNINST]||defines the scope of the password specified by the KLPASSWD parameter:
The option may have multiple values; in such case, the values are separated with a semicolon.
|SELFPROTECTION=1||Enables the product's Self-Defense during the installation.||kav21.exe /pSELFPROTECTION=1|
|ALLOWREBOOT=1||Allow restarting the system if it is necessary.||kav21.exe /pALLOWREBOOT=1|
|SKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1||Do not search for applications incompatible with Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
|-oembackupmode||Do not run the application after installation if Windows is booted in the Audit Mode.||kav21.exe /s -oembackupmode|
By using the SKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1 parameter, you assume responsibility for the possible consequences of the Kaspersky Anti-Virus incompatibility with other applications.
The SKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1 parameter only allows you to ignore those applications that should be removed manually.
Example of the compound command that allows a computer restart and skips the incompatible software check:
How to use the application on multiple devices
If you intend to use the application on several computers:
What to do in case of installation errors
If you encounter any problems when installing Kaspersky Anti-Virus, see instructions in the Installation errors section.