Kaspersky Security Network in Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows
This article concerns Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows:
- Service Pack 2 Maintenance Release 4 (version 10.3.3.304)
- Service Pack 2 Maintenance Release 3 (version 10.3.3.275)
- Service Pack 2 Maintenance Release 2 (version 10.3.0.6294)
- Service Pack 2 Maintenance Release 1 (version 10.3.0.6294)
- Service Pack 2 (version 10.3.0.6294)
Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) is an infrastructure of cloud services that provides access to Kaspersky Lab's knowledge base about the reputation of files, online resources, and software.
For more details about participation in the Kaspersky Security Network, see the Online Help page.
How to enable or disable the use of KSN
- Open Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows.
- In the Settings tab, go to Advanced Settings → KSN Settings.
- Choose one of the options:
Select the I accept the KSN Statement and participation terms checkbox to enable KSN.
Carefully read through the Kaspersky Security Network Statement. Click I agree with the terms of participation in Kaspersky Security Network → OK if you agree with all the points.
- Clear the I accept the KSN Statement and participation terms checkbox to disable KSN.
- Click Save.
How to view KSN statistics
To view KSN statistics, click Kaspersky Security Network in the top of the main window of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows.
The round KSN button in the upper left corner of the window that opens will show the connection status:
- Grey button – KSN is disabled.
- Green button – KSN is enabled and its servers are available.
- Red button – KSN is disabled and its servers are unavailable.
If KSN is enabled, statistics about the reputation of files, websites and applications will be displayed in the right frame.
Statistics are gathered when the Kaspersky Security Network window is opened. Statistics are not updated in real time.
Why KSN may be disconnected
There may be no connection to the KSN servers for the following reasons:
- The computer is not connected to the Internet. For example, the connection settings are incorrect. For instructions on configuring Internet connection settings, see this article.
- The application is not activated or the license term has expired.
- Issues with the key have been detected. For example, the key has been denylisted.