Issues restoring the system from a backup copy to a disk encrypted with Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 for Windows (for workstations only)
Latest update: October 18, 2019 ID: 14214
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.1.1 for Windows (version 188.8.131.52)
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.1.0 for Windows (version 184.108.40.20619)
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.0.1 for Windows (version 220.127.116.11)
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.0.0 for Windows (version 18.104.22.16899)
When restoring a pre-enryption GPT disk image on an encrypted disk, you may encounter critical operating system failures. Kaspersky Lab engineers recommend that you use one of the following methods to avoid the error:
- Completely decrypt the device before restoring the backup image.
- Use a sector-by-sector copy method when creating the backup image.
- Before restoring the backup image, clear the initial sectors of the encrypted device and re-initialize the drive.
If the issue persists, contact Kaspersky Lab Technical Support.