How to block data collection on websites with Kaspersky Internet Security 19
Tracking services collect and analyze data about your activity on websites. This data can then be used to offer you targeted ads.
The Private Browsing feature of Kaspersky Internet Security prevents websites from collecting information about your activity online. By default, the component only counts attempts to collect data and writes the information in a report. You can block data collection on all websites by enabling it in the application settings.
The application does not block data collection on the following websites and pages:
- Websites added to the exclusions list. You can edit the exclusions list in the component settings.
- Kaspersky Lab websites and those of its partners. You can choose to block data collection on these websites by adjusting the component settings.
- Websites that might not work correctly if data collection is blocked. You can choose to block data collection on these websites by adjusting the component settings.
- Social networking websites (Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter) when you are currently on that page.
- Websites that could not be determined. Kaspersky Internet Security does not block this data collection attempt and does not display information about it.
Scroll down to watch the video about the Private Browsing feature in Kaspersky Internet Security.
Private Browsing is compatible with the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 – 11.0 versions (except IE 10 and IE 11 in the new Windows interface style)
- Microsoft Edge (all versions)
- Mozilla Firefox 52.x and later
- Mozilla Firefox ESR 52.x
- Google Chrome 48.x – 64.x
How to prevent data collection on websites
- In the main window of Kaspersky Internet Security, click .
- To learn how to open the main application window, see this article.
- Go to the Protection section.
- Make sure that Private Browsing is enabled, and then click it.
- Select Block data collection. Kaspersky Internet Security will block data collection attempts on all websites except exclusions.
- By default, there is an exclusion to allow data collection on Kaspersky Lab websites and those of its partners. To view a list of these websites, click Websites of Kaspersky Lab and its partners.
If you want to block data collection on these websites, clear the Allow data collection on the websites of Kaspersky Lab and its partners checkbox.
- By default, data collection is allowed on websites that might not work correctly if tracking services are blocked. To see a list of these websites, click Incompatible websites.
If you want to block data collection on these websites, clear the Allow data collection on incompatible websites checkbox.
- If you would like to permit data collection on a certain website, add it to the exclusions list. To do so, click Categories and exclusions. Clear the checkbox for a category or add a website to the list by clicking Exclusions.
Data collection will be prevented on all websites that are not on the exclusions list.
How to view statistics on blocked data collection attempts
The Private Browsing component works through the Kaspersky Protection extension. To learn how to enable the extension in your browser, see the instructions in this article.
To view statistics about data collection on a website:
- Go to the website you want to view statistics about.
- Click the Kaspersky Protection extension icon. It is located to the right or left of the address bar, depending on your browser.
- Click Private Browsing.
In the drop-down menu, you will see statistics about data collection on that website.
In the statistics list, you can add the website that is currently open to the exclusions list. Click Allow data collection on this website or click Settings to open the component settings.