Kaspersky Secure Mail Gateway 1.1 release notes
Kaspersky Secure Mail Gateway 1.1 (version 126.96.36.1999) has been released on May 11, 2017.
Kaspersky Secure Mail Gateway offers a quick way to deploy a virtual mail gateway and integrate it into the existing corporate mail infrastructure. A mail server with a Kaspersky Lab security product is preinstalled on the virtual mail gateway.
New features and improvements
- You can now integrate Kaspersky Secure Mail Gateway (KSMG) with Kaspersky Anti Targeted Attack Platform (KATA). After integration, Kaspersky Secure Mail Gateway can send copies of messages to Kaspersky Anti Targeted Attack Platform for scanning. Based on the results of the scan, Kaspersky Secure Mail Gateway can block individual messages.
- You can now integrate Kaspersky Secure Mail Gateway with Kaspersky Private Security Network (KPSN) for those organizations that cannot participate in Kaspersky Security Network (KSN). After integration with KPSN, Kaspersky Secure Mail Gateway can use the Kaspersky Security Network reputation databases without sending data outside of the organization.
- The list of formats of detected files, where it is possible to perform content filtering of messages, has been expanded.
- There is now the capability to recognize the types of files within archives (for example, archives in the ZIP, RAR, TGZ, 7z, and QZIP formats) and block individual files within archives.
- An Anti-Spam quarantine has been added along with the capability to manage the Anti-Spam quarantine in the web interface.
- The Kaspersky Anti Targeted Attack Platform quarantine has been added along with the capability to manage the the quarantine in the web interface.
- You can now forward notifications to users regarding the results from their messages being scanned by program modules. Notifications contain a list of the latest messages in Backup. You can configure the schedule for sending notifications.
- The Place copy in Backup action has been added for all results of message scans by program modules.
- You can now deliver messages from Backup in their original format. Previously, messages that were placed in Backup could be delivered to their recipient only in the format of an email message attachment.
- Queue management for messages in the web interface has been improved.
- You can now configure the actions to be performed on messages whose attachments contain Microsoft Office files with macros.
- You can now configure additional actions to be performed on messages containing violations of SPF-, DKIM- and DMARC Mail Sender Authentication.
- You can now modify the date and time of the KSMG server and synchronize the time with an NTP server via the web interface.
- You can now migrate the values of certain settings when upgrading KSMG from version 1.0 to version 1.1.
- Help for the program web interface has been improved as follows: Context-sensitive help has been implemented; Help has been converted to online format.
- Program licensing capabilities have been expanded. You can now activate the program with an activation code. You can now license the program by subscription.
- An audit log has been added in the program web interface.
- You can now generate an archive containing information about Kaspersky Secure Mail Gateway operation for the purpose of sending it to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support.
- A user under the Helpdesk account can now access program performance reports.
When Kaspersky Secure Mail Gateway 1.1 is integrated with Kaspersky Security Center version 10.4.343, the protection status of the Kaspersky Secure Mail Gateway mail server is not displayed in the host properties in the Kaspersky Security Center interface. You can assess the protection status of the Kaspersky Secure Mail Gateway mail server on the web interface Dashboard page.