Configuring SVM configuration settings
Initial configuration of an SVM using configuration commands consists of the following steps:
- Modify the SVM name (the
- For each network interface of the SVM:
- Allow the use of DHCP if dynamic IP addressing is being used (the
- Configure the network settings of the SVM if static IP addressing is being used (the
- Configure DNS settings if static IP addressing is used (the
- Configure the settings for connecting the SVM to the Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server: address and ports (the
- Initial configuration of the application (the
- Start the Protection Server (the
manageservices start scanserver command).
In addition, you can configure the following SVM configuration settings:
- Select the language of the Kaspersky Security Center Network Agent Connector (the
- Change the configuration password and root account password that were defined by default (the
passwd klconfig and
passwd root commands).
- Allow or deny the root account access to the SVM via SSH.
After initial configuration of the SVM is completed, it is recommended to make sure that the SVM is deployed and configured successfully. To do so, you can use the