KL 009.12: Kaspersky Security Center. Vulnerability and Patch Management
Kaspersky Vulnerability and Patch Management (previously known as Kaspersky Systems Management) covers a large number of varied tools necessary for monitoring, management and troubleshooting.
The theoretical part of the course and hands-on labs provide students with knowledge and skills needed to:
- Manage vulnerabilities and software updates on the network computers
- Capture, reconfigure and install operating system images
- Work with the hardware and software registries, manage the licenses of third-party applications, and configure integration with SIEM systems
1.1. Vulnerability and Patch Management in Kaspersky Security Center
1.3. Access to the Vulnerability and Patch Management functionality in the Kaspersky Security Center interface
2. Vulnerability and patch management
2.1. Problem statement
2.2. Search for vulnerabilities and required updates
2.3. Windows Update synchronization
- Lab 1. How to prepare Kaspersky Security Center for the WSUS server role
2.4. Installing required updates and fixing vulnerabilities
- Lab 2. How to scan for vulnerabilities and required updates
- Lab 3. How to install critical Windows updates on workstations
- Lab 4. How to fix the vulnerability exploited by the WannaCry malware
2.5. Installing software using the Kaspersky database of third-party applications
- Lab 5. How to install only approved updates for third-party software in a group of computers
- Lab 6. How to automatically update all browsers on the client computers
- Lab 7. How to fix vulnerabilities in all programs, except, for example, Java
- Lab 8. how to install all available third-party updates in a group of computers
- Lab 9. How to install a third-party application using the Kaspersky database
3. Capturing and deploying computer images
3.1. Problem statement
3.3. How to create an operating system image
3.4. How to customize an operating system image
3.5. How to deploy an operating system image
3.6. Image deployment using a PXE server
- Lab 10. How to capture an operating system image
- Lab 11. How to deploy an operating system image on a managed computer
- Lab 12. How to deploy an operating system image on a bare metal computer
Requirements for participants
- Basic understanding of networking technologies: TCP/IP, DNS, email, web.
- Basic Windows administrator skills.
- Basic knowledge of information security principles.
What’s new compared to the previous version
- The course structure has been changed to focus on the Vulnerability and Patch Management functionality.
- The presentation and labs now demonstrate the Vulnerability and Patch Management functionality using the Web Console.
All participants receive a certificate after course completion.