Adaptation of Kaspersky Lab applications after upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 8, 8.1, or 10
2018 Nov 12 ID: 13340
This article concerns:
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2016, 2017
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2016, 2017
- Kaspersky Total Security 2016, 2017
- Kaspersky Small Office Security 5
If you have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, the above-mentioned Kaspersky Lab applications will work with limitations when the system is booted for the first time:
- Only the File Anti-Virus component works correctly. Other components are disabled.
- Self-Defense of files and system registry works correctly. Self-Defense of processes is disabled.
- The application interface is unavailable.
- The application shows the following notifications:
- Some application components are disabled.
- Computer restart is required once the application adapts to the new operating system.
- In the context menu in the taskbar, only Exit is available.
To remove these limitations, restart the computer.