How to test whether Kaspersky Security Network is working in Kaspersky products for business
Latest update: January 12, 2021 ID: 13979
To test whether KSN is working using Kaspersky Security Center:
- Open the Administration Console.
- Make sure that KSN is enabled in the relevant policy, and that the lock is closed. Open the policy properties and go to Advanced Threat Protection → Kaspersky Security Network.
- Open the Administration Server’s properties and go to KSN Proxy → KSN Proxy statistics. Click Check KSN connection.
If there are no issues, you will see the message Connected to KSN.
- Download the archive generic_autotest_bad.zip on the client computer and extract it using the password “infected”.
- Try to open the extracted file.
- Open the application’s reports and check that the infected file was detected.
If KSN is working correctly, you will see an entry about UDS:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic.