How to get trace files in Kaspersky Security 8.0 for Linux Mail Server
When you submit a request to Kaspersky technical support, you may be required to provide application trace files. These trace files will help technical support engineers to trace the execution of application commands step by step and determine at which step an error may have occurred.
To get trace files:
- Export the settings to a file using the command:
- Open the created file.
- Go to the <tracerSettings> section.
- Find the <enable> parameter and set its value to <enable>=1.
- Specify the level of detail of the trace file. To do so, set the appropriate value for the <level> parameter:
- Fatal — log critical events
- Error — log error events
- Warning — log important events
- Info — log informational events
- Debug — debugging logs (logs of this level may consume a lot of disk space)
- Specify the trace file’s location on the disk. To do so, set the appropriate value for the <destination> parameter:
- Files — the trace file will be logged to a separate file in the following directory: /var/log/kaspersky/klms
- Syslog — the trace file will be logged in the operating system log.
- Save the file and import it to the application using the following command:
- Restart the application using the following command:
- Reproduce the issue.
- Open the file with the application settings that you saved earlier.
- Find the <enable> parameter and set its value to <enable>=0.
- Import the file to the application.
The trace file will be created in the specified folder.
Submit a request to Kaspersky technical support via Kaspersky CompanyAccount with a detailed description of the issue and the trace files.