What archives reside in the folder zips?
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 (all builds)
- Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 (all builds)
This folder contains sets of anti-virus databases formed by Kaspersky Lab.
- Sets of anti-virus databases
- av-i386-daily.zip - has all updates of anti-virus databases released since last Sunday till the present moment. As Kaspersky Lab release updates every hour the archive is updated every hour too.
- av-i386-weekly.zip - has all updates of anti-virus databases that were released last week (from Sunday till Sunday). The archive is updated on the servers once a week on Sunday.
- av-i386-cumul.zip - has a full set of anti-virus databases. The Archive contains all anti-virus databases released till the last Sunday. It is updated once a week on Sunday.
- Sets of anti-virus databases and databases of network attacks. Unlike previous sets of databases these sets include databases of network attacks
- av-i386&ids-daily.zip – has a full set of databases of network attacks and all updates of anti-virus databases released from the previous Sunday till the present moment. This archive is updated each hour as all anti-virus database updates of Kaspersky Lab.
- av-i386&ids-weekly.zip – has a full set of databases of network attacks and all updates of anti-virus databases released last week (from Sunday till Sunday). This archive is laid out on the servers once a week each Sunday.
- av-i386&ids-cumul.zip – has a full set of anti-virus databases and databases of network attacks. This archive contains all databases released up to the previous Sunday. It is updated once a week each Sunday.
Top of page
How to install updates from the archives?
When unpacking archives, follow the rules:
- the *cumul.zip archive should be unpacked to a separate folder (do not unpack the archives *weekly.zip and *daily.zip into this folder);
- the archives *weekly.zip and *daily.zip can be unpacked into a common folder. When unpacking, click Yes when you are suggested to replace files with the same name.
- do not unpack archives with different sets of databases (for example, anti-virus databases and anti-virus + network attacks) into a common folder!
Having unpacked the archives run automatic database update. As the first update source define the folder with the unpacked archive *cumul.zip (if it exists), as the second – the folder with the unpacked archives *weekly.zip and *daily.zip in the update task.
Top of page
How to configure the product to update from a local folder?
Once you have downloaded and unpacked the archives, configure the product to update from these folders:
- Open the main application window
- Click the Settings button
- In the left part of the Settings window select Update
- In the right part of the Settings window in the Update settings section click Configure
- Go to the Update source tab
- Click Add
- Specify the update folder
- Click OK
- Clear the boxes Kaspersky Lab’s update servers on the Update source tab
- Click OK
- Run the update process
- Perform the same actions for another folder (if necessary)
The Updates folder in the root directory C:\ is the folder into which the archives have been previously unzipped.
The dialog windows of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 are the same but with the corresponding product names and the number of Protection components.
Top of page