By default, objects are scanned according to the signature analysis
(using databases which contain descriptions of all known malware and the corresponding disinfection methods). Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 for Mac
compares each scanned object with the database records to determine firmly if the object is malicious, and if so, into which class of malware it falls. Since new malicious objects appear daily, there is always some malware which is not described in the databases, and which can only be detected using heuristic analysis
. You can set the detail level for scan in File Anti-Virus
. The higher the detail level, the more resources the scan will require, and the longer it will take. In order to enable the heuristic analysis
to be scanned by File Anti-Virus
and to set the detail level for scans, perform the following actions:
- Open the main application window.
- In the top left part of the window click the Preferences button.
- In the Preferences window go to the Protection tab.
- In the Security level section click the Preferences button.
- On the Additional tab under Heuristic analyzer check the Use heuristic analyzer box.
- Move the horizontal slider to set the necessary scan level:
- Min. - The probability of threat detection in that mode is somewhat lower. Scanning is faster and less resource-intensive.
- Mid. - Optimal mode recommended by Kaspersky Lab experts.
- Max. - The probability of threat detection in that mode is higher. Scanning consumes more system resources and takes longer.
- Click the OK button.
- Close the Preferences and the main application windows.