If during update of anti-virus databases of your Kaspersky Lab product some problems appeared, then in order to resolve the problem, perform the following actions:
1. Check your Internet connection via Internet Explorer
Check whether offline mode
item) is enabled in Internet Explorer
. If the Work Offline
item is enabled, uncheck the item.
Check if you have the Internet access. In order to do so, launch the browser Internet Explorer and open the site www.kaspersky.com.
2. Configure your Firewall
If Firewall is installed on your computer, make sure that an allowing rule is created for the process avp.exe in the Firewall settings.
Firewall secures your computer protection on local networks and Internet. Firewall is a program which monitors data transfered via Internet or local networks. According to the Firewall settings, it blocks or allows data transferring.
3. Check whether third-party anti-virus software is not installed on your computer
Make sure that no third-party anti-virus software incompatible with your Kaspersky Lab product are installed on your computer.
You can find lists of applications incompatible with Kaspersky Lab products in the articles of Kaspersky Lab Knowledge Base:
If you have found applications which are incompatible with your Kaspersky Lab product, manually uninstall it:
4. Check whether Kaspersky Lab servers are accessible
Make sure that Kaspersky Lab servers which can be used to download updates are accessible. In order to do this, perform the following actions:
- Open the article KB452.
- Click on any link from the list of web addresses.
- If a web page opens, Kaspersky Lab servers are accessible.
5. Contact your provider to identify your Internet connection settings
Contact your Internet provider to identify whether your Internet connection is set correctly.
6. Make sure that your computer is not infected
Scan your computer for viruses. In order to do this, perform the following actions:
- Create a Rescue Disk and scan your computer using it:
7. Try to update anti-virus databases once again
Try to update anti-virus databases of your Kaspersky Lab product once again:
8. Contact Kaspersky Lab Technical Support
If the actions described above did not help to resolve the problem, create a request to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support via the My Kaspersky Account service.
In the request describe your problem in all details and provide the following info: