Applies to Kaspersky Security Center 9.0
The Riprep utility is designed for preparing client PCs for deployment. It allows to quickly perform operations on a client PC necessary for deployment.
The Riprep utility is located in Kaspersky Security Center installation folder (C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Security Center, by default) on a PC with installed Administration server.
Riprep allows to:
- Disable Simple File Sharing. This option is not available for the following operating systems: Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows Server 2008.
- Start the Server service.
- Create an account having all permissions required to perform remote installation.
- Disable User account control (UAC). This option is available for the following operating systems only: Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows Server 2008.
- Open the following ports which is necessary to be able to install applications:
- TCP 139, 445, 13000, 14000, 18000
- UDP 137, 138, 13000
The Riprep utility is incompatible with Microsoft Windows Home Edition.
The utility should be run on a client PC which you want to prepare for deployment under an account having local administrator permissions for that PC.
The utility has a GUI, and can be managed using command prompt as well.
Managing the utility via GUI:
- Copy the file riprep.exe to a client PC and run it.
- Check necessary box(es).
During account creation an additional window will appear prompting to enter login and password:
Managing the utility via command prompt
riprep.exe [-silent] [-cfg <path_to_the_file_riprep.ini>] [-tl traceLevel]
-silent – run the utility in non-interactive mode.
-tl traceLevel – set traces level, where traceLevel is a number between 0 and 5. Without this switch, traces level is set to 0.
-cfg <path_to_the_file_riprep.ini> – specifies riprep.ini configuration file path. You should manually create this configuration file has under this exact name.
Riprep.ini configuration file contains two sections:
Specify which tasks should be run in the section Common:
DisableSFS – disable simple file sharing (0 – disable task; 1 – enable task);
StartServer – start the service Server (0 – disable task; 1 – enable task);
OpenFirewallPorts – open necessary ports (0 – disable task; 1 – enable task).
DisableUAC – disable User account control (0 – disable task; 1 – enable task).
RebootType – defines the action when a reboot is required when disabling the user account control (0 – never reboot the PC, 1 – reboot the PC if UAC was enabled before running the utility, 2 – force PC reboot if UAC was enabled before running the utility, 4 – always reboot the PC, 5 – always force PC reboot).
Specify login (user) and password (Pwd) in the section UserAccount.
An example of a configuration file:
After the utility execution completes, the following files will be created in the starting folder:
riprep.txt – a utility run log containing a full utility runtime report with reasons.
riprep.log – a trace file (it is created if the utility traces level is set to more than 0).