Patch B installed on client computers may sometimes cause:
- hanging of the operating system;
- slow launch of software installed;
- absence of Kaspersky Anti-Virus icon in the system tray.
To solve the issues, we recommend installing patch_pf80 on the affected computers.
Kaspersky Lab strongly recommends you to deploy this patch on a limited number of computers in the non-production or testing environment first, and make sure that the patch is applied and works correctly in the test group prior to installing it on hosts in the production environment.
To install patch_pf80:
- Disable the Launch Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows at computer startup option in the Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows policy. Make sure that the policy is applied to client computers.
- Download and extract files of patch_pf80.zip.
- Start installing the patch locally on a workstation or create a remote installation task in Kaspersky Security Center 9 / 10 to deploy the patch on workstations.
- After the patch is installed, enable the Launch Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows at computer startup option and make sure that the policy is applied to client computers.
Read more about local and remote installation of patches
In the event of difficulties during the installation of private fix and there is no reference of pf_80 patch in the About window of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows, we recommend using the /when now parameter, which helps to install the application without reboot, e.g. C:\patch_pf80.exe /when now.
You should also use this parameter while creating the installation package for remote deployment through Kaspersky Security Center.
Please note that the patch installation on a workstation may take up to 10 minutes.
To make sure that the patch has been successfully installed on a workstation, open Control Panel > Programs and Features and select View installed updates in the left frame. An entry indicating the patch and the application it was applied to, should be displayed in the list of updates.
Another option is to generate Kaspersky Lab software version report in Kaspersky Security Center by adding the Updates installed field to the Detail fields section.
If the installation completes with an error, please submit a Technical Support request and attach the patch installation trace file.