Configuring Anti-Phishing protection
Before configuring Anti-Phishing protection in the message processing rule, make sure that the Anti-Phishing module is enabled in general protection settings.
To configure Anti-Phishing protection in the message processing rule:
- In the application web interface window, select the Rules section.
- In the rule table, select the rule for which you want to configure Anti-Phishing protection.
This opens the View rule window.
- Click Edit.
Rule settings become editable.
- In the left pane, select the Anti-Phishing section.
- Use the toggle switch to the right of the section title to enable or disable Anti-Phishing scanning of messages that match rule criteria.
By default, Anti-Phishing protection of messages is enabled.
- If you enabled Anti-Phishing protection at the previous step, use the drop-down list to select an action to perform on phishing messages:
- Delete message.
The Reject action is selected by default.
- If you want phishing messages to be automatically placed in Backup based on the results of a scan, select the Move message to Backup check box.
This check box is cleared by default.
- If you want a tag to be added to the beginning of the subject of phishing messages based on the results of a scan, type the text of the tag in the text box under the Move message to Backup check box.
By default, the [Phishing] tag is added.
- Click Save.
Anti-Phishing protection is configured. The specified settings are applied to messages that match the rule criteria.
To ensure the configured settings are applied during the operation of Kaspersky Secure Mail Gateway, make sure to enable Anti-Phishing protection for the rule and to enable the configured rule.