How to get a complete memory dump when Windows 10 crashes with a blue screen
After installing a Kaspersky, a situation may occur in which the Windows 10 operating system crashes and a blue screen appears (BSoD — Blue Screen of Death). This can be caused by a conflict between the Kaspersky Lab application and an application made by another company, or with your computer’s drivers.
If this issue occurs, create a full memory dump and send it to Kaspersky technical support.
- Free up at least 25 GB of space on the system drive (most often, it’s C:\). By default, the dump file is saved in the Windows folder on the system drive with the name MEMORY.DMP.
- Download the CrashControl.zip archive and extract the files from it.
- Run the CrashControl.reg file from the archive.
- Wait until the file has been added to the registry and reboot the computer.
- Reproduce the issue.
- Go to the Windows folder on the system drive and make sure that the MEMORY.DMP file has been created.
- Compress the file into an archive. For instructions, see this article.
Attach the created dump file to your request to Kaspersky technical support. Upload the archive to a cloud and add a link to your request.