How to make a screen recording if you face a problem with an application
October 3, 2023
If you encounter a problem with the application, you can make a screen recording and traces and send them to Customer Service for analysis.
When screen recording is on, pop-up notifications are not displayed.
To make screen recording and traces:
- Open the main application window.
- Click in the lower part of the window.
This opens the Customer Service window.
- Click the Problem recording link to open the Problem recording window.
- Select an error category:
- Error with running the app. Select this option if the application suddenly stops working, does not respond, or reports a failure.
- Error while opening a website. Select this option if the application blocks access to the website or the website is not displayed correctly.
- Activation error. Select this option if you cannot activate a subscription in the application.
- Other. Select this option if there is no category for your problem.
- Select the Record the screen check box. When the check box Record the screen is not selected, clicking Start recording only creates a trace file (a service file with information about the application operation).
- Select the Record low level tracing (optional) checkbox if you were asked to do so by a Customer Service expert.
- Click the Start recording button.
The recording indicator is displayed in the upper part of the screen.
- Perform actions that demonstrate the problem you are having.
- Click the Stop and save button.
Recording is stopped and saved in an archive on Desktop. The archive can only be accessed with administrator privileges.
- Click the Go to archive button.
This opens an Explorer window at the location of the ZIP archive. The archive contains a screen recording (if it was performed) and traces.
- Send the archive to the communication channel specified by the Customer Service expert.
- If you want to delete all system data, reports, and trace events, click Delete all service data and reports.